Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Prayers for Emmie- Day 18

Tonight I feel excitement with a twinge of anxiousness. My stomach has been getting "that feeling" every time I think about leaving our boys at the airport Thursday. I fear there will be some tears, at least on my end ;) They could be in no better hands than my parents and in-laws, but that isn't seeming to help this momma's heart. I am going to deeply miss my boys.

Tonight we ask you to pray for a continued and renewed spiritual awakening in China.
Though we know that Christianity continues to grow in China, we also know that this growth must take place in a secretive way, and for some in dangerous environments. We have discussed this with the boys in an attempt to help them appreciate the religious freedoms that we have in our country. I confess, I need that reminder quite often as well. How often do I take for granted the privilege to worship whenever and however I want? Or the luxury of having the Word of God available to me whenever I want to read it? Lord, help us to treasure You!

The picture below is of Emmie and the Director of the House of Love-  Emmie is saying goodbye to her.


For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
Romans 1:16

No comments: