Thursday, May 23, 2013

Prayers for Emmie- Day 4- TRAVEL IN 3 WEEKS!!

Prayers for Emmie- Day 4

Today marks 3 weeks until we leave for China!!!. In some ways, 3 weeks still results in a little sting in my heart. I will be honest about it. Though I rejoice with other families traveling in the next couple of weeks to bring home their precious children, there is some frustration that remains, knowing that they received approvals after us, but will travel before us. On the other had, as I have written previously, I see the next 3 weeks being a time of preparation, a time to enjoy with my family, etc. It is a constant battle of trust vs. bitterness, flesh vs. the spirit in terms of waiting. God help me!

Since we travel in 3 weeks, today we pray the first of several prayers regarding our actual travel to China. Please pray for Zack and I as we will endure over 20 hours of actual travel in an airplane!  We will leave from Lexington, then make a stop in Minneapolis- St. Paul. We will then fly directly to Tokyo, then to Beijing! Thankfully we will have a whole day to rest once we arrive in China. Pray that our bodies will be rested and renewed for the exciting days ahead of us once we arrive in China.


Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".

No comments: