Wednesday, July 29, 2009

One Year Ago Today...

Getting ready to see Caleb for the first time!! Our first pictures.......
Still has that great smile!
One year ago today I was sitting at my desk at work- it was a very busy day, and lunch time had finally arrived. Zack was eating lunch with me that day. I usually always answered the phone, but for some reason, I didn't get to it quick enough this particular time. Debbie, my boss, said there was a phone call for me. Even though we were expecting our referral at any time, it didn't even cross my mind that this could be the call! I picked up the phone and hear a sweet voice on the other line- it was Terra from America World!!! This was the call! I went to find Zack and told him who was on the line- he couldn't believe it either! I put the call on speaker phone, and we listened to We were both shaking! Then, we turned around to the computer to see a picture of our son! What an amazing and exciting day that was!! Of course, we didn't know at that point that it would be 5 more months before we would actually be able to hold him in our arms. That was a difficult time. But God sustained us in so many different ways. We received so many great pictures and updates each month from AWAA and other families. Wow- what an amazing journey it was, and continues to be!
We celebrate this wonderful child! It is hard to believe it has already been a year since we first saw him- before you know it, it will be a year since we brought him home!

1 comment:

alisa said...

Happy Referral-versary!!!! I sooooo can't wait to meet y'all in-person in Sept!!!!!