Thursday, June 12, 2008

It could be August!

We learned some new helpful information from the conference call this past Tuesday. I am not going to recount all of it, so here are the most important points:

1. AWAA is partnering with another new orphanage! They are now partnering with three orphanages. Hopefully this will limit the wait times from extending too much further.

2. We will most likely receive our referral in August or early September, which is during the court closure period. August is only two months away!! The downside is that any referrals received during the court closure period are subject to 4 months of waiting between referral and travel. That means is we receive our referral in August, we will have to wait until late November or early December to travel, most likely. This was tough news to hear. It will be extremely hard to have our son's picture in front of us, but not be able to get to him for four months! Four months....whoo. We do have the option of not receiving our referral during that time, but I think we are leaning towards going ahead and receiving it.

3. The power outages will continue to affect all aspects of the adoption process in Ethiopia. Please pray for rain!!


Please continue to pray for us as we enter into a very emotional next few months. Though it will unbelievable when we finally have a referral, the wait that will ensue the months following will be very difficult. We are trusting in the Lord for the strength to make it through the wait.

In other news....only one more week until one summer class is over! I can't wait to share all I have learned!

5 comments:

Carpenters said...

I'm glad that you have a better idea when your referral will be coming, but yuck on having to wait four months to travel. That's about what we had and it's a hard wait. I was ready to get on a plane when our court dates weren't going through to "expediate" things. My husband wisely counseled otherwise. In the end, the wait dissolved as we held our little ones. It was so worth it.

With Love,
Penelope

tisha said...

I'll be praying for you.
Tisha

Jean said...

I've loved reading through your blog as well as all of the other AWAA family blogs you have linked to your page. My husband and I just transfered from the El Salvador program to Ethiopia ... so many have told us they were surprised we didn't start out in Ethiopia as we've done a mission trip to Senegal West Africa and have always had Africa on our hearts ... I guess God had a journey He wanted us to take ... anyway - praying for your familiy and so many others as well! Thanks for sharing your journey!

K.P. said...

Hey there. We'll be praying for you. I am learning that the strength to wait is not something that I have inside me. It's obviously a "God thing" because I would have already been there and back. :) Praying He will give you extra doses of strength to wait.

Love ya!
KP

Dustin & Amy said...

Hello!

I happened across your blog tonight, and I was very happy to see that you are in KY too!

We traveled last November to bring home our little girl. We asked for and received many prayers during that time, so we will definitely offer prayers for you!

There is a growing number of families who have adopted from Ethiopia here in KY, and we always pleased to meet new ones.