Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Court Woes

The families who received referrals for their children on October 19, 2007 were suppossed to hear news regarding their court dates today. I am not sure if I have ever explained this process, so I bettter do that first! After you receive a referral, the next step is for a court date to be set so that the child can be legally yours. The AWAA representative in Ethiopia does this part of the process. For whatever reason, this group of families have yet to hear of when their court dates will be. In a previous post I had alluded to some concern with AWAA, and this was mainly what I was referring to. These families have been waiting three months, already having the precious pictures of their children in the hands and in their hearts. Today they were postponed again, being told that Thursday they might hear when their court dates will be, and the news is expected to be that they will not be immediate. What this mean, I don't know exactly, we can only pray that their court dates will be as soon as possible.

It has been said that this aspect should not affect other families receiving referrals, but this remains to be seen, as no referrals have been made since October 19, 2007.

We have only been in this process for a little over five months, but right now, I just feel like there is no end in sight for us! I didn't expect to this feel this way after such an exciting weekend, and maybe Satan is just getting to me, but it just seems like there is no movement in the program right now. I have asked the director to let us know what our place "in line" is. I think that we are in the 50's somewhere....I'll be sure to post when I find out!

Keep Praying, especially for the families who have been waiting so long to move the next part of their adoption journey. God is still a miracle worker!

2 comments:

the Steiger's said...

Thank you so much for praying for us. It has been a long time. We are still trying to figure out what is going on at this point. Hopefully we will hear a good news on Thursday. Thank you again
Lenka

kristin said...

I know what you mean. We dont even have our Dossier in yet, but I already feel like when we do...we will be put on hold too! I hope thigns pick up very soon!